Solar PV In Architecture
Revolutionary of photovoltaic applications in the architectural building has undergone rapid development, starting from ordinary technology to high technology in the 3rd generation, they are:
1. First generation (the 1980s)
PV panel module with an iron framework just mounted on the field of building flat roof with a brace (tracking).
2. Second generation (the 1990s)
Photovoltaic cells (PV) developed more integrated part of building materials: roof materials (tiles, shingles).
Read the rest of this entry »
Incoming search terms for the article:street lights
(57), Powered by Article Dashboard space station robotic arm
(15), Powered by Article Dashboard gardening tools portland oregon
(14), Powered by Article Dashboard assembling an ar-15 lower receiver
(7), Powered by Article Dashboard rare freshwater aquarium fish
(5), Powered by Article Dashboard building reef aquarium
(4), Powered by Article Dashboard salt water aquarium fish
(4), Powered by Article Dashboard hot water heater
(4), Powered by Article Dashboard newton laws of physics
(4), Powered by Article Dashboard physics formulas for waves
(3), Powered by Article Dashboard fresh water holding tank
(3), Powered by Article Dashboard diagram of solar system
(3), Powered by Article Dashboard newtons three laws of motion
(3), Powered by Article Dashboard nano reef aquarium lighting
(3), Powered by Article Dashboard the reef aquarium
(3), Powered by Article Dashboard kitchen aid appliance
(3), Powered by Article Dashboard swimsuit contest 2007
(2), Powered by Article Dashboard used building supplies
(2), Powered by Article Dashboard saltwater or freshwater aquarium
(2), Powered by Article Dashboard freshwater aquarium maintenance
MIT Researchers Unveil the EyeStop
Imagine if your local bus stop allowed you to check your e-mail, share community information on a digital message board or monitor the local air quality? And perhaps best of all, what if it could tell you the exact location of that bus that you’re waiting for?
Read the rest of this entry »
Incoming search terms for the article:bus station
(15), Powered by Article Dashboard bus station
(3), Powered by Article Dashboard gardening tools portland oregon
(2), solar power bus station
(2), bus stop solar lighting
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard medical condition the shingles
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard portland general electric indus
(1), PROGRAME PROPOSAL FOR ACCESSEBLE BUS STOP AND SHELTER
(1), Solar bus
Solar Forest by Neville Mars
Neville Mars has developed an electric vehicle charging stations which take the form of solar trees. Photovoltaic grove serves dual functions, acting as a go to clean renewable energy sources while providing a shady place to park the cars as they charge.
Individual trees in the forest consists of a series of photovoltaic leaf mounted on a tree branch. There is electrical outlet at the base of each trunk that can be used to charge your electric vehicle. [Via]
Read the rest of this entry »
Incoming search terms for the article:solar tree
(111), solar trees
(45), solar energy
(14), solar tree lights
(1), solar tree for sale
(1), solar powered dashboard flower
(1), solar forest
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard winter gardening cloth
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard palace station
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard general electric phones
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard electricity voltage current resistance high school physics
Top 5 World’s Largest Solar Power Plants
1. Olmedilla Park Solar Power Plant
(in Olmedilla de Alarcón, Spain, 60 MW) Finished in September 2008. This power plant uses 162,000 average photovoltaic solar panel to deliver 60 MW of electricity on a sunny day. The whole factory was completed in 15 months at a cost of about 530 million U.S. dollars current exchange rate. Olmedilla built with conventional solar panels, which are made with silicon and tend to heavy and expensive.
2. Puertollano Park Solar Power Plant
(Spain, 50 MW) in 2008 Renovalia develop the power station in Puertollano, Ciudad Real, residential energy parks with an installed capacity of 50 megawatts (MW). The power generated here is equivalent to the annual domestic consumption of electricity of about 39,000 households. The energy produced here will replace the theoretical disposal 84,000 tons CO2/year or 2.1 million tons of CO2 over 25 years during the production.
3. Moura Solar Power Station
(Portugal, 46 MW) Completed December 2008. This solar power plant is placed in the municipality of Moura, Alentejo, Portugal, one of the sunniest areas in Europe and besides one of the most economically depressed. The construction involves two stages, first with a built in 13 months and completed in 2008, and the rest will be completed in 2010, with a total cost of € 250 million for the project. The power plant will have an installed capacity of 46 mwp, by more than 376,000 solar panels. Nearly 190,000 panels (32 MW) installed in permanent structures, 52,000 (10 MW) in a single-axis trackers, which follow the sun in the sky, and further 20 MW of power capacity will be added during phase 2 project. This will occupy an area of 320 hectares (130 acres), producing 88 GWh of electricity per year.
4. Waldpolenz Solar Park
(Germany, 40 MW) 550,000 First Solar thin-film CdTe modules. Completed in December 2008 Waldpolenz Solar Park, which is the world’s largest thin-film photovoltaic (PV) power system, built at a military air base east of Leipzig in Germany. The power plant 40-megawatt solar power system using state-of-the-art thin film technology. 550,000 First Solar thin film modules are used, which supplies 40,000 MWh of electricity per year. The investment costs for solar parks Waldpolenz Euro 130 million.
5. Arnedo Solar Plant
(Spain, 36 MW). Completed in October 2008, power plant that produces 34 GWh per year, which would own 12,000 households and prevent 375,000 tons of CO2. Facilities in seven acres and 172,000 panels houses. Project budget of about € 180,000,000. La Rioja, a region of Spain known for its wine, already covers 62% of electricity with enhanced resources.
Incoming search terms for the article:Waldpolenz Solar Park
(68), solar parks
(41), Waldpolenz Solarpark
(35), solar park
(34), Puertollano Photovoltaic Park
(27), Olmedilla Photovoltaic Park
(27), Solar power plant
(22), Arnedo Solar Plant
(16), olmedilla photovoltaic park area
(15), solar power plants
(15), moura portugal
(12), Waldpolenz Solar
(2), Waldpolenz Solar Park website
(1), solar power plant for a house
(1), solar plants
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard art deco structure
(1), energy park
(1), Warendorfer Solar Plants
New Solar Technology
Solar technologies is now highly developed, with some progress is being developed to be used every day.
Below 10 Solar Technologies to note:
- Water Heating Solar Panel: Pyron Solar Triad uses a special design, short focal-length, lens in the acrylic concentration to reflect and accept the light, effectively concentrate 6.500 solar power in the form of a small light. The second lens capture light and focus on PV cells. According to related companies, HE Optics System produces 800 times more energy than the silicon solar cells.
- Home Solar to Hydrogen Storage: An MIT professor Daniel Nocera, build a company this year to market a technology that can split water and store solar energy. The key of this company is to achieve a breakthrough solar energy to make solar power cheaper.
“The idea is to use solar panels to power the electrolyzer to produce hydrogen which would be stored in tanks. When people need electricity, the stored hydrogen would put through a fuel cell.”
- Solar panel roof that can be printed and painted: If solar power is easy to install as to paint your roof with sunlight resistant paint, it will lower the standard for the installation of solar power at home. This technology called silicon ink, and according to the U.S. National Renewable Energy Laboratory, solar cells showed 18% energy savings.
- Large Panel Solar Film: SunFab ™ system uses silicon thin film technology to market the largest and most powerful panels in the world and combines inexpensive material.
- Organic Solar Concentrators: Engineers at MIT have created a method to transform glass into a high-tech solar concentrator, using color glass to collect and emit light which is usually missing from the panel surface. This technology can create a building for use with glass window film to gather strength. Other companies, GreenSun, has developed a panel of light color where it catch the other parts of the spectrum of the sun, and does not require direct sunlight to work.
- Space Based Solar: Japanese are developing a giant space station with solar power generators to transmit solar power to earth from 36.000 km above the earth within the next 30 years. The Japanese Government supports $ 21 billion project, which includes a space station solar power with solar panels cubical 4km, save electric energy of 1 gigawatt, enough for 300,000 homes in Tokyo.
- Solar Roads: Solar Roadways concept, will make a way to use glass panels to collect and distribute solar energy to illuminate the light at night and hot in winter, with enough remaining energy to light homes and businesses. Discoverer, Scott Brusaw, estimating each mile of solar panels can be illuminated 500 houses, and is expected to make a panel for 12×12 need cost about $ 5,000.
- SunCatcher: Stirling Energy System, contains a solar concentrator in the bowl structure supported by a convex mirror, can be used in Arizona soon. SunCatcher using glass system fitted with a parabolic bowl for concentrating solar power in high-efficiency Stirling engine, with each bowl produces 25.000 watts.
- Solar Nanotechnology: Research workers at McMaster University in Ontario has developed a light-absorbing nanowires formed of excellent photovoltaic materials in thin but durable carbon-nanotube fabric. They also use small particles in a flexible polyster film where can lead to solar cells that are both flexible and cheaper than today’s solar cells.
- Grid Ready for Solar: Andalay AC solar energy panels, made with Akeena Solar technology, integrate the racking, wiring and electrical grounding components to the panel. According to the company, this will against the damage, a lot of money in saving for 30 year lifetime. Andalay AC solar energy panels produce a safe AC power, and can be a safe installation process for users.
Incoming search terms for the article:Powered by Article Dashboard solar system science project
(3), Powered by Article Dashboard prize winning science fair projects
(3), Powered by Article Dashboard chemistry science fair ideas
(2), Powered by Article Dashboard army general discharge
(2), Powered by Article Dashboard award winning science fair projects
(2), Powered by Article Dashboard mcmaster
(2), Powered by Article Dashboard midwest winter 2009 prediction
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard how do generators work
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard general scott
(1), mit technology\solar panel per1kgof hydrgen
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard best paint colors
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard art supplies catalog
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard acrylic paintings
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard acrylic painting
(1), Powered by Article Dashboard utrecht art supplies